Pharmacy & Chemistry
Kingston has a high reputation for the quality of its undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Science and Chemistry. These include full and part-time programmes for foundation and all courses are supported by excellent facilities in new purpose-built laboratories, equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation.
Offering strong links with industry and key sectors ensures students are well prepared for today’s employment market. These include associations with hospitals and community pharmacies, accreditation from industry bodies and involvement with active research groups.
There are over 30 full-time academic staff with wide ranging educational, research and industrial expertise, particularly in pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacy practice, physiology and pharmacology, pharmaceutical technology and forensic and analytical science. There is a healthy balance of experienced and new younger staff with flourishing research interests. This dynamic academic environment fosters an enthusiasm for learning and supports excellence.
- We offer the only Master of Pharmacy course taught jointly with a medical school (St George’s, University of London) in the United Kingdom
- Students can transfer to our MPharm course via a Foundation Degree or from BSc Pharmaceutical Science
- Our courses respond directly to identified market demands and we have numerous links with the health services and chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- The major subject areas received very good National Student Survey satisfaction ratings (93% overall) in recent years
- Industrial and sector-specific placements are available to help you get real hands on, industry experience.
Date: Wednesday 15/06/2016 Time: 12-1 …