The faculty offers a range of training programmes and courses with flexible, interactive tuition across a number of constantly developing fields.
We have a series of courses which we run regularly including university modules which are taught on our MSc courses.
CISCO courses with NTI
We offer short courses in professional IT training, in association with Cisco. These courses operate through the New Technology Institute (NTI), which is part of the faculty and specialises in personal and professional development in IT.
Find out more about NTI and the courses on offer on their website
Introduction to Television Production
This short course includes hands on experience of using broadcast video cameras and microphones to make your own short production. You will learn the basics of video editing and your final production will be included in the "as live" television programme that you will make on the last day of the course in the multi-camera television studio.
For more information and to book your place click here
Working professionals have the opportunity to develop and build on their knowledge and skills by studying on some of our taught MSc modules. Modules generally last a full week, with some scheduled for two evenings across five-weeks. Many of our courses are credit bearing which may count towards an individual CPD programme with a professional body.
Find out more about the university modules here
In addition to the standard programmes we offer, we are able to develop specific training programmes tailored to your individual needs.
In the past we have offered the following programmes, built for the requirement of our clients
- GIS Professional Training Programme- this flexible course aims to improve your GIS knowledge in a rapidly growing field
- Radon and Asbestos Hazards in the Natural and Built Environments: Sources, Carcinogenic Effects, Monitoring and Protection- this interactive course aims to raise awareness of the dangers of asbestos and radon and ways to mitigate the problem
- Laboratory techniques in biotechnology – a real hands-on practical course designed to equip you with the latest research techniques
- Modern techniques in Spectroscopy – an interactive course designed to get the most from hi-tech imaging equipment
- Extreme weather: GIS, climatic systems & floods – this unique course provides an introductory briefing into the hazards of extreme weather.