Dr Adam Baker
School/Department: Aerospace and Aircraft Engineering
Position: Senior Lecturer (Astronautics)
Senior lecturer in space engineering and astronautics, with 15 years industrial experience in space mission studies, small satellite mission design, business development and sales, and consultancy to UK space companies.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- 2013 - 2014 PostGrad Certificate of Teaching & Learning in HE, Kingston University London
- 1995 - 1995 Diploma, Spacecraft System Engineering, TU Delft
- 1995 - 1999 DPhil Aerospace Metal composites, Oxford University
- 1990 - 1994 M Eng Materials Science & Metallurgy, Oxford University
Satellite Launch Vehicle Design (paper on 'the small launcher problem') presented at 2014 Reinventing Space conference, London, November, 2014.
Space system engineering. Low cost space mission design Astronautics. Rocket propulsion. Materials for extreme environments. Metallic and ceramic composites.
Other Professional Activity
Recent Media interviews
- 11 March - BBC World News LIve TV re: NASA's Space Launch System Booster test
- 28 April - TwoFour Productions re: NASA's Space Launch System
- 30 April 15 - Associated Press re: Russian space station servicing spacecraft out of control