Bioinformatics and Genomic Signal Processing (BioGSP)
The group activities are focused on the analysis of genomics and proteomics data using:
- Machine learning and
- Signal processing techniques.
Our current research interests include:
- Protein-Protein Interaction Prediction
- Genomic Signal Processing for Microarray Data Analysis
- Microarray images compression/transmission aspects and quality assessment
- Analysis of gene structures (introns/exons) for estimation of SNP deleterious effect, e.g. diabetes and other autoimmune diseases
- Application of information theory and channel coding to genomic
- Application of decision theory to genomic
- Binding site detection and analysis from protein sequence or 3D structure
- Protein channel structure prediction.