How to Apply
In order to be considered for a research degree we will need the following from you:
- A completed postgraduate application form, available from this link.
- The application form requires you to name two referees. In order to progress your application, we will require the actual written references to be sent as soon as possible after your application has been submitted. It is your responsibility to follow this up with your referees. The Kingston University standard reference form can be found here.
- A detailed research proposal - please see this template and address all the points.
- Copies of all academic qualifications, e.g. Degree and/or Masters certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency through the completion of an English language qualification (IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent is recommended). For more information see here.
- If you plan to study as an overseas-based student, the expectation is that candidates will have a host institution supporting them, in terms of laboratory and library facilities and local supervision. If so, we will also require a letter - on headed paper - from the institution confirming this. Specifically, the letter should comment on the local availability of library and other appropriate resources; provide details of the local supervisor and rationale for his/her choice and indicate the frequency and nature of contact between the student and the local supervisor. We shall also require a letter - on headed paper - from the local supervisor, confirming they agree to this role. His or her CV should be included with this letter.
- If you are being sponsored, we require a letter - on headed paper - confirming the sponsorship details and the name and address for invoicing.
- Important - If you are not a national of the European Economic Area (including Switzerland) and you require a student visa to enter or remain in the UK for your studies, you may have to apply for a valid ATAS Clearance Certificate before applying for a visa. Please follow this link to apply.
Please note - when your application has been approved, you will be invited to attend an interview. For applicants based overseas, a Skype interview can be arranged.