Medical Information and Network Technologies
Welcome to the MINT research centre at Kingston University. The centre was established in 2003 to conduct leading research on mobile technology, mobile health, wireless communications and multimedia. The research of the centre includes areas such as wireless and multimedia communications and networks, security, and relevant applications for telemedicine, emergency, mobile chronic disease management, aging and independent living. Research is conducted through the Wireless Multimedia and Networking group and the Digital Media for Healthcare group.
MINT is one of Kingston University's key Centres of Research Excellence with an established track-record spanning a decade of successful grant funding and academic collaborations with leading institutions, industry links and NHS partnerships, including a recent £500k EU grant for the WELCOME project. These collaborations have enabled the Centre to flourish and achieve significant impact and global reputation.
The Centre leverages the knowledge, skills and innovation needed to promote cross faculty research areas that align with national and international initiatives within healthcare and life sciences disciplines.
The research focus of the centre is on new and evolving areas of:
- m-health, e-health and 4G health systems
- Mobile Chronic Disease Management
- Next Generation of Health Informatic Systems
- Mobile broadband wireless multimedia systems for healthcare
- Bio-information systems
- Network security
- Quality of service issues.
- Smart wearable and diagnostic systems
- Smart mobile technologies for Pharma applications (m-Pharma)
For more details about what we do, see our
Associated Research Groups
- Digital Media for Healthcare
- Diabetes Research Group
- Wireless Multimedia and Networking Research Group
- Drug Discovery, Delivery and Patient Care
- Vision, Cognition and Neuroscience
- Longitudinal Statistics Group
Who: Prof Zhou Wang and Dr Hantao Liu When: 28 September – 2:30pm Where: PRJG4007 Speaker 1: …
Dr Maria Martini has been elected Associate Editor of the journal “IEEE Transactions on Multimedia” (2014-2016)
The FIRST WORKSHOP ON WIRELESS SOLUTIONS FOR HEALTHCARE APPLICATIONS is organised by Dr Maria Martini (WMN …