- Introduce robotics and cover the different applications including space robotics, medical robotics and industrial robotics.
- The emphasis will be on autonomous mobile robotics as this area gaining importance. Approaches to robot locomotion will be discussed; sensor and actuator technology will be introduced.
- Techniques to endow robots will intelligence will be covered.
On successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Implement key concepts related to the building and programming of mobile robots
- Analyse the different types of locomotion
- Select appropriate sensor and actuators technology taking into account their limitations
- Design robot control architectures: e.g. reactive
- Analyse kinematic and dynamic of a robot
- Program a mobile robot.
Contribution to UK-SPEC Outcomes
- Knowledge of characteristics of particular equipment, processes or products
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of a wide range of engineering materials and components
- A comprehensive understanding of the scientific principles of mechanical and related engineering disciplines
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of mathematical models relevant to the mechanical and related engineering disciplines, and an appreciation of their limitations
All courses are subject to availability.
English language competency
Candidates whose first language is not English will be required to show evidence of an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
March - Monday to Friday,
09:00 - 17:00 (1 Week)
Assessment (credit-bearing attendance only)
Coursework and Examination
£900 (UK/EU), £1200 (International)
Non credit-bearing fees
£750 (UK/EU), £1050 (International)
Fees include course materials and access to relevant specialist software and laboratories.
Discounts may be available for multiple bookings (courses or delegates attending) - please call +44 (0) 20 8417 7488 for details.
How To Apply
Download the Short Course application form and post the completed form to us. Please ensure you have read the Short Course Policies document.
Tel: +44 (0)208 417 3340
University regulations (Section 5.2 of 'Awards of the University, September 2007') contain certain restrictions on using modules taken as short courses as credit towards a qualification. For further information, please contact the Short Course Unit.