Dr Yee-Ping Ho
School/Department: Life Sciences, Pharmacy & Chemistry
Position: Senior Lecturer
BSc (Hons) in Medicinal & Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Loughborough University, UK
PhD in Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry, Loughborugh University, UK
Chartered Chemist, MRSC
Design and development of novel platinum complexes as potential antitumour agents.
In vitro and in vivo evaluations of anticancer agents.
Isolation and characterisation of active components in selected traditional Chinese medicines (TCM).
Development of qualitative and quantitative analytical methods for TCMs.
1. Ho, Y.P., To, K.K.W., Au-Yeung, S.C.F., Wang, X., Lin, G. and Han, X. (2001). Potential new antitumor agents from an innovative combination of demethylcantharidin, a modified traditional Chinese medicine, with a platinum moiety. J. Med. Chem., 44, 2065-8.
2. To, K.K.W., Ho, Y.P. and Au-Yeung, S.C.F. (2002). Determination of the release of hydrolyzed demethylcantharidin from novel traditional Chinese medicine-platinum compounds with anticancer activity by gas chromatography. J. Chromatogr. A., 947, 319-26.
3. Ho, Y.P., Au-Yeung, S.C.F. and To, K.K.W. (2003). Platinum-based anticancer agents: innovative design strategies and biological perspectives. Med. Res. Rev., 23 (5), 633-655.
4. To, K.K.W., Wang X., Yu, C.W., Ho, Y.P. and Au-Yeung, S.C.F. (2004). Protein phosphatase 2A inhibition and circumvention of cisplatin cross-resistance by novel TCM-platinum anticancer agents containing demethylcantharidin. Bioorg. Med. Chem., 12 (17), 4565-4573.
5. To, K.K.W., Ho, Y.P. and Au-Yeung, S.C.F. (2005). Synergistic interaction between platinum-based antitumor agents and demethylcantharidin. Cancer Lett. 223, 227-237.
6. Yu, C.W., Li, K.K.W., Pang, S.K., Au-Yeung, S.C.F. and Ho, Y.P. (2006). Anticancer activity of a series of platinum complexes integrating demethylcantharidin with isomers of 1,2-diaminocyclohexane. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 16(6), 1686-1691.
7. Wang, X., Au-Yeung, S.C.F. and Ho, Y.P. (2007). Pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of novel traditional Chinese medicine-platinum anticancer agents in rats. J. Inorg. Biochem. 101, 909-917.
8. Pang, S.K., Yu, C. W., Au-Yeung, S.C.F. and Ho, Y.P. (2007). DNA damage induced by novel demethylcantharidin-integrated platinum anticancer complexes. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 363, 235-240.
9. Pang, S.K., Yu, C. W., Au-Yeung, S.C.F. and Ho, Y.P. (2008). Impact of oxaliplatin and a novel DACH-platinum complex in the gene expression of HCT116 colon cancer cells. Oncol. Reports, 20(5), 1269.
10. Hoi, C.P., Ho, Y.P., Baum, L. and Chow, A.H.L. (2010). Neuroprotective effect of honokiol and magnolol, compounds from magnolia officinalis, on beta-amyloid-induced toxicity in PC12 cells. Phytotherapy Res., 24, 1538-1542.
(33 research publications to-date and 5 patents)
Medicinal and Organic Chemistry
020 8417 2207