Dr Mastaneh Davis
School/Department: Computer Science & Mathematics
Position: Senior Lecturer
I obtained my PhD in Pure Mathematics in 1999 and at the same time I was working as Lecturer in Atilim University in Turkey. Later on, from 2002 to 2005 I worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Kingston University, which was fully funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and Federal waterways engineering and research institute (BAW) German. My postdoctoral work was directed in the fluid flow through porous media over surfaces. Modelling and simulating flow by using lattice Boltzmann method. From 2006 to 2008 I worked as a Senior Researcher on a project to develop a theoretical model that determines the particle segregation process in vibrated liquid fluidised beds. This project is supported by a grant from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). Since 2008 I am working as a lecturer in the School of Mathematics.
» Modelling and simulating fluid flow through porous media over surfaces by using Lattice Boltzmann method.
» Granular materials
» Heat Recovery
» Developing online mathematical resources
Fluid Dynamics, Numerical Analysis Engineering Mathematics, Differential Equations, Business Modelling Using Excel and Stella software, Quantitative Methods.
Other Professional Activity
1. Davis M., Dhanbhoora J., Hunter G. and Wiesyk W.,2015. CalculEng for Virtual MathsAid: The Development and Evaluation of a Set of On-Line Tutorial resources for Elementary Calculus, Proceeding of IMA International Conference on Barriers and Enablers to Learning Maths: Enhancing Learning and Teaching for All Learners, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
2. Davis M., Dhanbhoora J., Hunter G. and Wiesyk W., 2015. Towards an Intelligent Environment for the Teaching and Learning of Calculus, Proceedings of 15th SOFIEE International on Future Intelligent Educational Environments and Learning, Prague, Czech Republic
3. Davis M., Dhanbhoora J., Hunter G. and Wiesyk W., 2015. "Virtual MathsAid"- The Development and Evaluation of a Set of On-Line Tutorial Resources for Engineering Mathematics. Presented at, 8th IMA conference on Mathematical Education of Engineers, Loughborough University
4. Davis, M. and Koenders, M.A., 2007. Combined gravity and mean flow effects on agitated slurries in a dead-end filtration set-up. Journal of Powder Technology, Volume 182, Issue 2, 307-312.
5. Davis, M. and Koenders, M.A., 2007. Oscillated densely packed granular media immersed in a fluid. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 308, 526-540.
6. Davis, M. and Koenders, M.A., 2007. Particle-pressure induced transient changes in oscillated particle-fluid systems. Transaction Filtration Society 7(4), 326-336.
7. Davis, M. and Koenders, M. A & Petford, N., 2007. Vibro-agitation of chambered magma. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal research, 167, 24-36
8. Davis M., Köhler H.J. and Koenders M. A., 2006. "Unsaturated subsoil erosion protection in turbulent flow conditions". Journal of Hydraulic Research (IAHR), Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 412–420
9. Davis, M., Köhler, H.-J & Koenders, M. A., 2004. "Pore pressure response due to turbulent flow patterns using combined lattice Boltzmann and analytical methodology", BAW-Workshop: Boden- und Sohl-Stabilität – Betrachtungen an der Schnittstelle zwischen Geotechnik und Wasserbau.
10. Davis, M. and Koenders, M.A. 21 November 2007, Estimate of the drag force in a bi-disperse Newtonian slurry. IOP Institute of Physics, Forthcoming Institute Conferences, Structuring Colloidal Dispersions by External Fields.
11. Davis, M. and Koenders, M.A., Agitated Mixtures of Particles and Compressible Fluids. 20-22 July 2006, 1st International Conference on Vibro-Impact Systems. Loughborough, UK
12. Davis, M. and Koenders, M.A., 2006. Origins of particle-pressure in oscillated packed particle-fluid systems. WCPT5 2006 - 5th World Congress on Particle Technology, (Orlando, Florida), April 23-27, 2006, paper number 266b.
13. Köhler, H.-J., Davis, M. & Koenders, M. A., 2004. Risk analysis of unsaturated, non-cohesive subsoil due to turbulent flow. Proceedings of the 29th International Conference, Costal Engineering 2004 (ICCE), Vol. 2, pp: 1861-1873.
14. Köhler, H.-J. & Schwab, R. and Davis, M. & Koenders, M. A., 2003. "Hydraulic failure and soil-structure deformation due to wave and draw down loading." Coastal Structures 2003, Portland, Oregon (USA) ASCE, pp 924-934.
+44 (0) 208 417 2919